- This event has passed.
Debates beyond the pandemic
29 April 2020 17:30 - 17 June 2020 19:30
From Espai Societat Oberta we are initiating a cycle of online debates to reflect beyond the pandemic. It is in times of disruption that society has to reflect collectively in order to rethink what model of society it wants. Would you like to reflect with us?
Debates on COVID19, privacy, civil rights, the digital world, global justice, digital divides and children. Don’t miss them!
You can read all the information about all the debates:
- Digital Rights:During COVID19’s crisis, technologies are positioning themselves as an indispensable element. Present in medical equipment, teleworking and remote organization, logistics and teaching, where is privacy in all this?
- Civil Rights: We believe that we need to address issues that are currently facing us such as freedom of movement, the right to information, repression and exceptional decision-making. How are civil rights protected during the State of Alert?
- Digital Divides: How can we improve the process of digitizing the education system to make it more inclusive? Digital divides exist and we need to address them to ensure that education is inclusive and promotes a more equitable society.
- Global Justice: What are we learning from the pandemic? What kind of world do we want? Debate focused on the challenge of knowing if we will be able to change the way we relate globally to improve the life of the planet and all the people who inhabit it.
- Post-COVID19 Thoughts: This crisis is affecting us as individuals and society. What awaits us after the pandemic? How do we face the situation? Post-COVID19 reflections to find out if it is possible to build more open societies after a turning point like the present one.
It will all be free, online and can be followed on our Youtube channel.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com