Course Comunicanvi: Post-Covid Media Racism
26 January 17:00 - 23 February 19:00
We encourage you to participate in the Virtual Course of Journalism and Intercultural Communication #Comunicanvi IV – Post-Covid Racism in the Media. A course organised by the Associació Intercultural Llatins per Catalunya and the communication group of Xarxa Bcn Antirumors, with the support of the Espai Societat Oberta.
The aim of this edition is to analyse, from the point of view of communication and the media, the rise in racist discourses and stories in the context of the Covid-19 crisis. Discourses that have worsened against historically stigmatised groups and which, moreover, have become normalised. This course is aimed at journalism students, journalists, social communicators, communication technicians and people who want to broaden their knowledge about the treatment of cultural diversity in the media.
- Session 1: Racist Imaginaries through Images, with Aldemar Matias and Heidi Ramírez from New Voices New Future. Tuesday 26th
- Session 2: Anti-gypsyism in the media, with Pedro Casermeiro de Rromane Siklǒvne. Thursday 4th
- Session 3: Analysis of the covid as an aggravating factor of racism against Asian and descendent Asian communities, with Paloma Chen from Catarsia. Thursday 11th
- Session 4: The discourse of the media towards racialised communities, with Xavier Giró from the Observatory of Conflict Coverage at the UAB. Thursday 18th
- Session 5: The historical construction of Islamophobia and representation in the media, with Salma Amzian. Thursday 25th
The course will be in online and will take place from 28 January to 25 February from 5pm to 7pm. It is a free training and with 70% attendance a certificate of attendance will be given. Registration is required at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coordinates: Omaira Beltrán Sánchez