- This event has passed.
Artificial Intelligence and Human Rights
10 June 2021 9:00 - 14:15
Save the date! On 10th June we are organising a conference on artificial intelligence and Human Rights. Can these two concepts go hand in hand? How do they relate to each other?
9.30am Why this conference?
- Conversation between Raquel Jorge Ricart (Fullbright Fellow, specialist in digital policies and public policies) and Montse Santolino (journalist and head of communications at Lafede.cat)
10am Securitisation of our lives in borders and cities
- Ana Valdivia, Research Fellow in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science at King’s College London
- Youssef M.Ouled, journalist and researcher on the consequences of racism
- Nora Miralles, Researcher AT Observatori Drets Humans i Empreses a la Mediterrània (ODHE)
Moderator: Pepa Martínez, Director at La Fede
11.45am Automated social exclusion. How to avoid it?
- Gabriel González, Fundación Esplai Ciudadanía Comprometida
- Javier Sánchez, University of Cordoba and Data Justice Lab
- Sara Suárez-Gonzalo, researcher at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Moderator: Irene Parra, Head of Communications at m4Social
1pm How to design inclusive digital public policies based on citizen participation and diversity?
- Michael Donaldson, Commissioner for Technological Innovation, e-Administration and Good Governance at Barcelona City Council
- Ismael Peña-Lopez, Directorate Escola d’Administració Pública de Catalunya
- Judith Membrives, Algorights community member
Moderator: Thai Jungpanich, Espai Societat Oberta
At Espai Societat Oberta we believe that we need to broaden our vision and deepen our technological knowledge to make digital tools our allies. During 2019 and 2020 we dedicated a large part of our agenda to meetings that address issues related to technology, ethics, human rights and social justice. And we saw that there was interest in learning and sharing knowledge. That is why this year, along with Lafede.cat and M4Social, we invite you to this new conference on Artificial Intelligence and Human Rights.